Saturday, September 14, 2024

Social Media Detox


I've decided to minimize my online presence in social media. I began by deleting my 14 year old Twitter account earlier last month. Today, my Instagram was temporarily disabled.

It is logical that my FB photography page should be removed next. FB pages aren't easy to manage as they were five years ago. And since I am not into it to sell my images, only to share my stuff, I don't see the point of keeping the page.

Instagram and FB pages are becoming a headache; too many trolls, fake accounts promoting stuff and scamming people. Keyboard warriors roam the internet to fight and argue over everything. They are empowered by the anonymity of the internet to deceive, manipulate and vilify others. Allowing them to say things they might not say face to face.

So to regain my sanity, I am deleting a big chunk of my social media footprint. I am signing off from those accounts for good, and taking a temporary social media detox.

No comments:

Post a Comment