Saturday, February 5, 2022

The Story Behind The Shot


Last year, in one of the photography forums I am a member of, I saw a picture of the Eiffel Tower taken from a tall building in Paris. At first, I thought it was taken using a drone.

Upon inquiry, a forum member revealed that it was taken from the MontPannarse Observatory Tower. So I decided if I ever visited Paris, I would find a hotel room close to that location.

So I did. When I made the decision to visit Paris, I booked a hotel that was a short walking distance from the Montparnasse Observatory Tower. As luck will have it, I had access to everything I needed during my stay including access to public transportation; everything was in the same vicinity.

As mentioned before, on the day of my arrival, I applied for the French Health Pass [$36.00 euros] as proof of vaccination to gain access to pretty much everything in France.

It was a cold freezing night when I visited the Montparnasse Observatory Tower. I was surprised to see that I was the only person in the security screening line. After they screened my Health Pass, I was the only person on the elevator on my way to the observatory. The night was so cold that without counting the security personnel, I was the only person at the observatory. I spent half hour taking pictures during sunset hour.

After I left the building, I walked ten city blocks back to the hotel with a huge grin on my face anticipating what kind of pictures I had taken. Even though you never know what will happen when taking pictures, I predicted one of the dozen images I took would be the one I envisioned. This is my favorite image taken during this trip, it was all worth it. 

4 comments:

  1. This picture is superb! It certainly was worth the effort. Having just taken Winter pics that froze my fingers off, I recognize your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does looks great! I hate to be out when is extremely cold, but it was worth the effort!

      Delete
  2. Very nice Kofla, bet the high res version is even better. Looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did had a great time! You can probably see a bigger image clicking on this link!
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/10262522@N04/51826142808/in/datetaken-public/lightbox/

      Delete