Monday, February 28, 2022

Light Painted Motorcycle


Several years ago, I rode my bike to the Philadelphia Museum of Art where Sylvester Stallone took his Rocky famous (Rocky Steps) climb in preparation for his movie fight.

Ever since I bough my bike, I'd been wanting to take a photograph with the Philly skyline in the background at night. People park their cars up there and take pictures all the time, but driving a vehicle into the Museum of Art area is prohibited.

Initially, a security officer said no, but eventually changed his mind and allowed me to take a few pictures with the condition that I take the pics very quickly. It took five minutes just to set up the camera gear and adjust the settings. It is extremely hard to get sharp focus in the dark.

The security officer was getting uncomfortable with having my bike parked up there, so I had to rush the photoshoot. I am sure the light painted motorcycle picture would have looked much better if I had a little more preparation and time to compose the image, instead of using a 15 seconds exposure. I would have preferred to use 30 seconds exposure, or "bulb mode", but that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment