Thursday, February 3, 2022

More Paris Pictures


Learned recently that the Eiffel Tower is lighted in blue the month of January because it was France's turn to preside over the Council of the European Union. For a minute I was wondering why the tower turn blue at night, when in most online images it looks gold? I guess that solved that mystery.

One late afternoon, after visiting the Louvre Museum, I decided to walk [approximately 3 miles] from the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower, along the Seine River. I noticed a tribute sculpture (the Flame of Liberty) for the late Diana, Princess of Wales at the entrance of the tunnel where she died next to Pont de L'Alma bridge.

As I stood there, passersby dropped flowers at the sculpture next to her pics. I chose not to take pics of the memorial, I refuse to photograph anything that resembles a shrine. Instead, I photographed a young woman taking pics at the metro subway entrance next to it. Enjoy the pictures!

The top picture was taken from a place called Trocadero. Second picture was taken next to Princess Diane Flame of Liberty sculpture memorial at the entrance of the subway Metro. Next pic is another Trocadero image. Then the Louvre Museum, a merry-go-round by the Eiffel Tower, and the Eiffel Tower at night. The last picture was taken from the Montparnasse Tower Observation Deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment