Thursday, July 4, 2019

The Fourth of July - Independence Day 2019


One of my biggest weaknesses in photography is shooting fireworks. In my area, the only time I get to practice shooting fireworks is during the Fourth of July celebration, or New Years Eve. So, in the past two years I've only been able to shoot twice during those days. New Years eve it's usually freezing cold for people to stand outside, for hours.

Even if my life depended on it, I cannot photograph fireworks like the pros. It's been a challenge despite watching hundreds of self help YouTube videos.

All week long I've been planning to ride my motorcycle to Martin Luther King Drive, behind the Philadelphia Museum of Art, to photograph the Welcome America July 4th Fireworks celebration.

Just my luck, AccuWeather announced heavy showers and thunderstorms. A couple of hours before the fireworks were scheduled to start, the emergency alert on my phone warned of flash floods in my area.

So here I am, commiserating with my laptop, and looking for older pics to include on this post....oh well.

Happy Independence Day.

The picture on top of this post was taken when I bought my bike 7 years ago. The fireworks pics were taken last year during the Fourth of July celebration. 








4 comments:

  1. Photos looks good to me.
    Here's a link for photographing fireworks https://youtu.be/EBW0U8LjeUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all my fireworks images, these two are the ones I like the most. Thanks for the link!

      Delete