Friday, September 27, 2024

Why Pay A Monthly Subscription?


Last night I was reading a heated discussion on a photography forum (seven pages and hundreds of replies) about the pros and cons on why people pay for a subscription membership versus using a standalone photo program.

It is no secret that I edit/modify all photographs I take. In my opinion, it helps to bring my images to life. That is my preference and a different topic altogether.

Why are some people happy to spend money on a monthly subscription to edit the images they take? In the past it was simple, you paid for the standalone software once, and that was it. Nowadays, photography editing software is only available on a monthly subscription. You have to pay a monthly fee indefinitely.

I've been using Adobe Photoshop Elements since 2004, and currently have different versions of their standalone program just in case the time comes that my laptop has to be replaced. I am very happy with Photoshop so far, and the program is capable enough for my photography needs. It's unlikely I will ever go for any subscription monthly software.

No comments:

Post a Comment