Tuesday, September 3, 2024

A Labor Day BBQ Story


My neighbor and I rescued a gas grill from curbside in a neighborhood near ours. We replaced a few parts and that thing made for a pretty good gasser.

We took to joining our two families together for Sunday night chicken. We'd each cook side dishes and we'd do BBQ chicken on the gas grill we recovered. We did this for about nine months without paying attention to the grease build up.

We were in the middle of a cook and the entire gas grill caught on fire. We had nine feet flames, we had sideways flames, flames were going in every direction. I thought my house was going to catch on fire; I thought the rubber hose on the propane was going to catch on fire; I thought the propane tank was going to explode.

I'm still not sure how we got that grease fire out to this day. Needless to say, we didn't get chicken that Sunday night. 😄

1 comment:

  1. Disclaimer:
    I borrowed this BBQ story from the internet to match my Bitmoji cartoon.

    ReplyDelete