Monday, May 27, 2019

The 7th Annual AHRMA Vintage Motorcycle Festival


This past weekend was the most anticipated vintage motorcycle event in the east coast, the 7th Annual AHRMA Vintage Motorcycle Festival. Let the drooling commence.

This is the day my salivary glands go into overdrive looking at the legendary motorcycles of yesteryear. This is also the event where you will find inspiration watching senior citizens (people my age and older) racing vintage motorcycles. You can read some of their stories HERE.

Finally met my friend Danno in person, we've been interacting in several ZX-14 online forums for years. He was in New Jersey Motorsports Park giving a helping hand to #179 Electric Supersports Champion Arthur Kowitz.


I also had the pleasure to meet a 75 year old gentleman who happens to ride his Kawasaki Ninja 1000 all over the country. I could spend days listening to his traveling adventures. Before we parted ways, I told him that when I grow up, I want to be just like him. 


On a different note, recently purchased a Hohem iSteady Pro 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for my GoPro HERO4 Black, to try to eliminate some of the vibration issues that often occur with GoPro videos. Need to get used to small nuances and subtleties as I'm learning recording video with a gimbal. For a first-time gimbal user, I am very happy with the end results

Enjoy the pictures!













[Video motorcycle action starts at 1:47]

4 comments:

  1. Some nice machine in the Kofla. Give me any of those older bikes over that electric bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I enjoy attending these vintage motorcycle events than the newer bike shows.

      Delete
  2. Man, I love vintage bikes. They're works of art. That was a funny comment you made to the old(er) guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Indian racing motorcycle is from the 1940's. I seriously doubt any of the modern bikes will last that long.

      I had a great time listening to the older man stories. It's funny, at his age he is probably in better shape than I am, and willing to take risks (enjoying himself) traveling around the nation.

      Delete