Sunday, May 19, 2019

Postcards Pics Just For Shits And Giggles


This morning, I was surfing the web looking for ideas to title this blog post, when I ended up in Instagram to this invitation:

"Hello, I am looking to make quick money online. I am selling tons of xxx photos which are waiting to be viewed for your pleasure. If you are interested, message me for more information and the prices xxx."

I am not a prude, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, but that's just not my cup of tea so I exited the website pronto. But I digress.

A while back, a friend suggested to create my own personalized photo postcards from my prints. It makes sense to print some of my images, a lot of my pictures are just sitting on Flickr, waiting to be viewed (for your pleasure). Unless I send a link to my friends, they'll never see them.

Does anyone do postcards anymore?

Methinks the internet and social media killed the art of sending out postcards. It is rare to get actual mail these days. We are too busy with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, sending out selfies, and whatever the flavor of the month is that people are using these days.

Just for shits and giggles I am going to create a postcard portfolio of my favorite pictures, and from there select the ones to print and mail out. Of course that requires getting my lazy-ass out of bed,  going to the post office and buying stamps. But who cares, I need the exercise anyway.

Below are some of my favorite images.




U.S. Marines Iwo Jima Memorial
U.S. Capitol
Brooklyn Bridge
Statue of Liberty
Flatiron Building
One World Trade Center
New York City Skyline
Philadelphia Center City at Night
Philadelphia Center City
Boathouse Row
Philadelphia Reading Terminal Market
Philadelphia Skyline
Pennsylvania Eastern State Penitentiary
Philadelphia Ben Franklin Bridge
Philadelphia Museum of Art
Philly Skyline at Night
Philly Skyline
Philadelphia Love Statue
Philadelphia Elfreth's Alley
Philly Geno Steaks

2 comments:

  1. Wow there are some seriously good photos in there mate. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those are just a few of some of my favorite images.

      Delete