Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The 2022 Bucket List


In three weeks I am traveling to Paris, France, for the first time. To say I am a little nervous about this trip after several months of planning it's an understatement. I am a little worried that the new COVID variant Omicron could force the French authorities to apply more travel restrictions, and prevent me from visiting the country. 

For years I've been dreaming of riding a motorcycle in Europe. If all goes well and the weather cooperates, I plan to rent a motorcycle for a couple of days during my stay. I already received my International Drivers Permit. I contacted AAA (American Automobile Association) , visited their local office here in Philly and got the International Drivers License the same day. 

In addition of carrying my Nikon DSLR and a couple of lenses, I am planning to bring my GoPro camera with the handheld gimbal stabilizer and use it to vlog about the trip. Ordered extra memory cards, extra batteries for my Nikon and GoPro cameras and also a couple of European travel plug adapters. All the camera gear is ready to go. 

Don't laugh, but it's been so long since I used my GoPro cameras, that while testing recording a video the other day, nothing worked. Nothing was video recorded. For twenty minutes I was freaking out, panicked, trying to figure out why nothing was recording. Until I noticed that the GoPro camera lens cover was on, that's when I realized that I need to use my GoPro more often. 

I am looking forward to this my second trip to Europe. I just hope that this time the weather is nice during my stay, the motorcycle rental is dependent on the weather conditions. 

17 comments:

  1. Good for you! We look forward to your trip reports and photos.

    I was going to laugh at your leavinng-the-cap-on story but, in truth, that happens to me and my Holga all the time. (The viewfinder doesn't look through the lens.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how a simple thing like the GoPro lens cap threw me for a loop for almost half hour. lol

      Delete
    2. Haha we've all been there. I stopped doing video, it was just taking up far too much time to edit. Enjoy your trip mate.

      Delete
    3. Steve, I must be a masochist or something because as much as I don't like editing videos, I am hellbent in recording them.

      Delete
  2. I wish you traveling mercy and may you have a wonderful time. Do not forget pictures are life's footprints. Have fun capturing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kofla you are welcome. I am curious to see what beautiful structures you will capture or is it the structures capture you. I believe it calls out to your vision and in some cases your heart. I say a true passion. Please do share once you get back to the USA. With all due respect, I will be in the look out for them. Stay well

      Delete
    2. I am not sure I will have enough time in one week to visit all the locations that I want, but I'll try.

      Delete
  3. Kofla I am not sure if you will have time to get this before your trip ( if you don't already have one). Please check out the Holdfast money maker photography gear. The items are amazing. Check out the site. I recently ordered and the items came in pretty quick. Much quicker than I initially thought. The caliber of the items are high end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaving tomorrow, I'll take a look at the site when I return, thanks.

      Delete
  4. Safe travels and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Great looking pictures, I enjoyed them as always. You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kofla
    Aside from the tower which is amazingly beautiful, did you capture other historical structures? And you said worth going back to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kofla Below is the offical site for the camera gear I've mentioned before. (HOLDFASTGEAR.COM) I was just on the site and they have a few new toys. Love it. great reviews and the quality is amazing. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did checked out the site. At this time I am very happy with the gear that I have. I will consider Holdfastgear in the future if I do decided to purchase other gear. Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  8. Kofla, just caught up on this , how did the trip go? Come to Scotland, if the weather holds its excellent!
    Gino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gino, the trip to Paris was amazing. I was unable to rent a motorcycle, it was too cold for my taste.

      Delete