Saturday, March 23, 2019

Showcase : Printing Your Legacy



Now that I started to print big posters of my favorite images, I am all excited about the possibilities of decorating my man cave and also my office with them.

As I mentioned on a previous post, the image I recently found from my trip to the Dragon of the Cheoah Dam is my favorite. I like this picture so much that this week I decided to spend some time working on it to make it as big as possible without losing quality.

I had to crop the image a lot, to improve the way it looks. Cropping always involves cutting away part of the original image, results in some of the pixels being discarded and can change the width to height ratio.

Therefore, I was very careful making changes and editing the image. Learned recently that if I resize a photo for printing the photo may get soft and may need more sharpening. Also that is a good idea to save sharpening until the very last task, after I've applied other edits and resize the photo to its final size.

After the final edit, I sent online the 20" x 30" poster size to be printed. The original size image is 4928 x 3264 pixels, it is heavily cropped to remove unwanted areas to 3374 x 1847 pixels. This 20" x 30" poster will be used in my office as well as my man cave. The image was taken using my Nikon D7000 and a Nikon AF-S DX VR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED lens.

In anticipation of picking up the poster today, I stopped at A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts supply store to find a 20" x 30" poster frame. A.C. Moore has a large variety of various frame sizes at reasonable prices.

The poster looks fantastic, superbly printed. To say I was amazed at the poster quality is an understatement, it looks very professional. The time and hard work I spent editing the image paid off in the end.

As the old Epson printer ad used to say, "a print ensures your story will continue".

HERE is a link to my first ever 16" x 20" poster size image. 


6 comments:

  1. Nice job! I've decorated my office with many enlarged photos like this. It's good to have pictures you have sentimental attachment to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why it took me this long to poster sized my images, but I am having a lot of fun doing it.

      Delete
  2. Wow! This poster is stunning! Great job, Kofla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anastasia. The print looks a lot better than I expected.

      Delete
  3. No you given me some ideas...
    Thats a great pic by the way

    ReplyDelete