Wednesday, March 20, 2019

You're Never Too Old To Have Fun!


Not sure how I missed this image when I edited photos from my camera memory card of last year Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon trip. Found it last night while looking for another photo. Of all the pictures I took from the Cheoah Dam in North Carolina, this image is now my favorite. To see a bigger version of this picture click HERE. 

I like having some of my favorite pictures to decorate my office; they include some of my motorcycle images.

A group of people came to my office after I finished running the support group today and noticed the motorcycle pictures decorating my office walls.

They were surprised I ride and wear leather racing gear. At the clinic they've only known me always wearing a business suit and ties. They told me that never in a million years they would've imagined me riding a sport bike at my age. I laughed when I heard them say that, I am only 63 years old.

Have you ever been told you are too old to ride a motorcycle?

Since I purchased my 1972 Kawasaki 750 two-stroke triple in the early 70's, always owned sportbikes. From their aesthetics to the combination of speed and raw power there's plenty to love about fast motorcycles. Riding a sportbike is an exhilarating experience. Not to mention the mental health benefits I gain by riding my bike; I always tell people that riding helps me to de-stress.

The day I purchased my current motorcycle I took it to the garage and a neighborhood kid no older than 6 years old approached me to admire it. He asked the usual inquisitive question, "how fast does it go?". After I told him, he gave me a bewildered look and keeping a straight face said "you're too old for your bike".

Kids say the darndest things.



2 comments:

  1. Great picture. I get the same reactions when out on my BMW S1000R. (I'm 61 with grey hair.) We're never too old for excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding grey hair for the first time sent me into panic mode. I used to hate my grey hair, now I am completely resigned to the fact that I am getting older.

      Delete