Tuesday, February 5, 2019

History Is Written By Those Who Print



Recently, I decided that is time to start printing personalized posters and large prints of some of my favorite pictures. The image above is my first ever poster size image (16" x 20") printed. It is also my motorcycle favorite picture of all time.

If I asked you to show me a picture of your family, what would be the first thing you would get? Probably your smartphone, right? Can you remember the last time you showed someone a printed photo? Do you even remember the last time you printed your photos?

When I was younger, I hated having my picture taken. Now I look back on my life and regret not having those moments captured. I only have a couple of pictures of my childhood, and those old images were taken by my parents. Now I am trying to make up for lost time.

Nowadays, “passing down” a digital version of our family history is just not going to happen. Printed photos are what will be preserved and saved for many years to come. Have you come across any photos from your parents, grandparents, or even great-grandparents? Those photos have likely been stored away or preserved in picture frames or photo albums. They are treasured by you and your family because it’s a part of your family history. Photographs are a huge part of our family history and how future generations will try to understand our way of life.

I want to print my favorite pictures, kind of rekindle my love for the final product, which is the print hanging on the wall. My pictures have been shared online digitally and I found that to be just leaving me wanting to share a bit more. It feels kind of empty, it feels like I'm not actually done. There is no better feeling than holding my framed images in my hands.

We all love to make our man-cave beautiful, so why not use the images I've taken myself to do that. Because of my love for shooting city skyline at night, most of the images in my office are standard sized pictures I’ve taken myself. In fact the biggest pictures decorating my office are 8" x 10" size prints.

From this point forward, I am going to create larger prints of my favorite photos to preserve my history. No one else is going to go through my digital clutter on my computer in the future, I have to be the one to do this. I am going to pick my favorite images, blow them up, frame them, and make a gallery wall of my life.

Photographs are the footprints in the sand of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment