Saturday, August 10, 2024

A Stranger Random Act of Kindness


Last night at the supermarket something malfunction at the cash register, and the cashier said their scanner was unable to read credit cards, cash payment only.

I almost never carry cash with me, so I told the cashier to put my items to the side and to take care of the customer behind me, while I retrieved money from the ATM.

By the time I retrieved cash from the ATM machine and returned to the cashier to pay, I was told that the woman behind me had paid for my groceries. I was stunned, took me a few seconds to process. The cashier just kept saying, "she paid for your groceries". By the time I realized what had happened, the stranger was already gone.

So I asked the young couple with two small children standing in line behind me if they accepted if I pay for their groceries, so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment