Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Internal Revenue Service


I wrote about this situation with the IRS --> HERE <-- two weeks ago. The IRS had scheduled an appointment at their offices for me to bring documents that prove that I am the person who filed my 2022 taxes. Since 2022, without explanations this appointment has been cancelled/postponed three times by the IRS.

I was in Puerto Rico attending the 50th Anniversary of my High School graduation. So I had planned my June trip in a way that I could return a couple of days before my appointment which was June 27th. Every time the IRS postponed the appointment I had to wait several months before another appt could be scheduled.

To make a long story short, I arrived to the IRS office at 8:30am and presented my paperwork. They were satisfied with the requested papers, and I was told I should receive my 2022 IRS refund in 9 weeks. The refund arrived last week, six weeks ahead of schedule. It was about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment