Friday, June 28, 2024

Foto Friday


The number one reason why I returned to Philadelphia this week, was because I had a meeting with the IRS in Center City at 8:30am yesterday morning.

Since 2022, this IRS appointment had been rescheduled three times. No explanation as to why it needed to be canceled.

You are not going to believe this, but as of this writing, I have not yet received my IRS tax refund from 2022. Surprisingly, when I filed for my 2023 refund this year, it was mailed to me in three weeks.

The IRS claimed that they needed to confirm in person who I was, to prevent identity theft. When I asked them how come my 2023 refund was sent to me in three weeks, they didn't know how to respond.

At 8:30am, I was the first and only customer at the IRS office. I had with me the necessary documents they requested, and it took less than ten minutes to complete the transaction. I was in and out in a jiffy. Was told that the 2022 refund check should be mailed to me in 9 weeks.

Afterward, I wasn't in a rush, so I took the bus to get breakfast, instead of the elevated train. All in all, It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment