Saturday, July 20, 2024

Philadelphia City Skyline


For months, I was very unsuccessful trying to photograph the Philadelphia city skyline from the 33rd floor of the Loews Hotel. Twice, on different occasions, security staff asked me to leave the premises; only hotel guests are allowed up on that floor.

Months later, on a pleasant and sunny Fathers Day, I decided to go out on a photo walk to find places in downtown Philadelphia to photograph. I was having breakfast at the Reading Terminal Market not far from the Loews Hotel, so I decided to try to go up to the 33rd floor one more time.

Once I reached the 33rd floor and the elevator doors opened, I was surprised that this time I had the whole place to myself. The city skyline looks spectacular from the hotel upper floors, it is by far the best view of the city.

The glass windows were all shut, so I had to photograph the city skyline thru glass. I set up my tripod and took a few test shots to test the lens sharpness. I took a series of five different exposures of the same image, and I was in and out of the hotel in less than five minutes.

All in all, although the results are mixed for me, I am happy with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment