Friday, July 19, 2024

Foto Friday - Behind The Scenes


One warm summer, a few years ago, we were getting drenched every weekend. So there was no motivation to ride my motorcycle.

So instead of riding, I went out on a photo walk with my camera in tow. That particular evening I decided to first visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Afterwards, I walked a few blocks near the Schuylkill River and tried to shoot one of the locations I always have a hard time photographing, the Philadelphia Boathouse Row. Even if my life depended on it, I can't get a decent photograph of this place.

- Boathouse Row is a historic site which is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on the east bank of the Schuylkill River just north of the Fairmount Water Works and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It consists of a row of fifteen boathouses housing social and rowing clubs and their racing shells. - wikipedia

It didn't help that the cloudy overcast made for a dull and gray sky. But hey, I figured I got nothing to lose so I might as well take a couple of pictures. Who knows, I may just get lucky.

It seemed as if it was going to rain again, so I hurried setting up my camera underneath the Fairmount Water Works gazebo used for wedding ceremonies.

I was so put off by the lousy weather, that only took 5 or 6 pictures of the Boathouse Row, including a couple of them behind the scene images. The timing couldn't be more perfect. By the time I packed my camera gear, it started to drizzle and the SEPTA bus arrived.

Another photo shoot, another lousy Boathouse Row picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment