Wednesday, July 17, 2024

I Noticed Your Crack Is Showing A Bit


Do you know that the wide crack in the Liberty Bell was actually caused by the repair job? Several years ago I visited the Liberty Bell at the Independence National Historic Park right after a doctor’s appointment. The place was completely empty; any other time will mean huge crowds and long lines at the security scanner. 

The Independence Hall area is always too crowded, especially at the Liberty Bell, with all sorts of tourists from all over the world trying to snap selfies. I guess the impending rain and chance of potential snow kept most people away on this particular day.

After I passed the scanner and security checkpoint, I headed straight over to the Liberty Bell area. I am always trying to do the right thing, so I asked the security guard if I could use my tripod. Of course she said no, “no tripods allowed”. 

I looked around, there was only me, two other people and the security guard in the area. There was no way my tripod would get in the way and would constitute a tripping hazard.

But she said no, so I tried to make the best of it and tried shooting handheld. As expected, most of my pictures at the Liberty Bell came out blurry and out of focus. Most times I have to use a tripod because my right hand trembles when least expected and my poor eyesight doesn’t help either. Oh well, the joys of getting old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment