Saturday, March 19, 2022

Welcome To The Jungle


This is why I refuse to live in New York City ever again. I moved out of the Big Apple 28 years ago, and every time I visit, there is always drama.

As you know, my sister, niece, the bundle of joy and family arrive this morning (Saturday, March 19) from Puerto Rico. I arrived at the hotel a day ahead to make sure when they arrive tomorrow everything is ready for them to have fun. 

I ordered BBQ chicken on the grill, and went to a deli across the street from the hotel to purchase juice, water and milk. While I was waiting to pay for my order, a brazen shoplifter who appeared to be homeless, walks into the deli, open a can of Coke and began drinking. One of the two people behind the counter saw the homeless guy drinking the soda on his surveillance camera, grabs a baseball bat, chase the guy around the store and beat him senseless. Just like in the movies, there was merchandise strewn all over the deli. It was a mess, it looked like an earthquake hit the store, merchandise fell from the shelves and scattered on the floor. 

I left my juice, water and milk in the counter and walked out of the store. The police never arrived. 

P.S. - I was so disturbed by what I witnessed, that I don't know how people have time to record incidents like these on camera. The last thing in my mind was pulling out my cell to record the beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment