Thursday, March 17, 2022

Throwback Thursday - Amsterdam Bloggers Meet


On my first trip to Europe in 2006, visited Amsterdam, during a blogger meet and greet in the Netherlands.

I didn't know what to expect. The host pick us up at the Schiphol airport, and took us on a 25 minute train ride to Leiden, a Dutch province of South Holland. At the Leiden train station, I saw the biggest parking lot, exclusively for bicycles. 

In my entire life I have never seen so many people riding bicycles, while wearing suits and carrying their work suitcases. Amsterdam is one of the most beautiful, cycle friendly cities you'll ever find. It's got a great mix of cosmopolitan vibe, with a small city charm to it. 

The pictures at the restaurant were taken at Osaka Japanese Restaurant, which offers amazing views of Amsterdam harbor. My first taste of Europe exceeded all my expectations. Enjoy the pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment