Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The Planets Aligned That Day


Last night I was listening to a Valerie Bertinelli interview, where she was trying to dispel the accusations that it was her fault the band Van Halen broke up.

As I was listening to her, I was transported to the summer of 1985. To show his appreciation for working on his motorcycle, a customer who used to work at NBC gifted me two tickets to the Dave Letterman Show. 

Unbeknown to me, taping of the show at NBC Studios at Rockefeller Center happened at 5:30pm, so my boss was not happy when I left the job early. That day Valerie Bertinelli was the talk show guest while her husband Eddie Van Halen was the musical guest. It was also my then-wife's birthday, so it was great timing. The planets aligned perfectly that day for me. 

[ This is a photoshopped internet image of Dave Letterman and myself. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment