Saturday, April 4, 2020

Today Is A Great Day, It's My Birthday


What a difference a day makes. Just the other day I was talking about my retirement, (12 months, 1 hours, 18 minutes, 50 seconds until I retire). Now I'm worried whether this time next week I would still have a job. Yesterday, my employer announced another round of temporary furloughs. A move that will affect healthcare services to our community. Looking on the bright side, I still have a job.

For my 64th birthday, I thought I would be spending my special day in a weekend mini vacation getaway somewhere; attending a Phillies game at Citizens Park, in Brooklyn Bridge Park taking pictures of the New York City's skyline, spending time with a small group of close friends.

As luck would have it, thanks to the Coronavirus, this morning I ended up sitting in front of the computer talking with family and friends over the phone. The main conversation revolved around what to do on my first week of retirement. I had a friend ask me if I was scared. I answered that I am frightened, and excited at the same time. There is an inspirational quote that says, "As you embark on the exciting journey into retirement, you will experience a transition that will be both thrilling and terrifying.” Only time will tell.

Happy birthday to me!!!






2 comments:

  1. Feliz, feliz en tu día...y que cumplas muchos más!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias David! No ha sido facil llegar a viejo, jajaja

      Delete