Thursday, January 26, 2023

Tyre Nichols: Five Memphis Police Officers Charged With Murder

I am not sure if you are familiar with the killing of Tyre Nichols by five Memphis Police officers earlier this month. To me this is deja vue, all over again. According to the news reports, the video of the police beating against Nichols will be released tomorrow. Brace yourself for another round of national protests against police brutality. 

I expect that the angry reaction of the general public after watching the beating on video, will be similar to George Floyd police killing, and there will be rioting and looting everywhere.

The only difference of this case from George Floyd is that the five officers were fired, charged with murder today, and for the first time I heard the police in Memphis talking about the need for police reform.  In my opinion, the failure of police reform is attributed to police corruption. I hope that I am wrong, and people will protest and react more peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment