Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Vintage Motorcycle Event


The 27th Annual Gathering of the Nortons was held this past Sunday at Washington Crossing Park, after a two-year hiatus thanks to the pandemic.

This vintage motorcycle event pretty much marks the start of the motorcycle season here in Philadelphia. Most types of bikes are welcome but they are mostly Norton's and British bikes. The value and demand for vintage motorcycles is at an all time high.

I read somewhere that this motorcycle event started after a group of friends began to meet after breakfast at the Washington Crossing Park, more than 20 years ago. This event has become the biggest Norton's vintage motorcycle gathering of the East Coast.

The 76 year young gentleman was very proud talking about his orange Harley Davidson XR-1200. In ten years when I get to be his current age, I hope I have the same energy he has.

The blue Kawasaki shown in the picture looks just like my first street bike, a 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 triple, "the widow maker". In my opinion, this year's event was a complete success. Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful machines. I'm going to the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Rally in Ohio this July to see more old bikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Gathering of the Nortons was a great event! Have fun at the vintage rally in Ohio.

      Delete