Tuesday, April 5, 2022

And The Moral of the Story Is ....


I hate to admit, but I am in the group of people who always denigrated cell phones as a tool to take photos. Until yesterday.

Visiting NYC was not a photo excursion, but more of a way to celebrate my birthday in one of my favorite cities in the world. The top picture was taken using my cell phone at the top observatory of the Rockefeller Center (Top of the Rock). 

As has always been the case when I visit this location, most of my Nikon DSLR pictures were unusable. On my way to the exit elevator, I took four or five pictures handheld using my cell phone. The images were captured through glass windows. Glass can be one of the hardest things to take photos through.

Out of those images, I blended three pictures and created a panorama image of NYC. These cell phone images look 110% better than those taken by my digital Nikon DSLR. 

The moral of the story is, don't knock it until you've tried it. Let me humbly say that I I have learned a valuable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment