Sunday, October 13, 2024

Nor'easter Travel Nightmare


Last night, I was watching the induction of the band Journey to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Arnel Pineda, the current lead singer of Journey is not Steve Perry, but does an outstanding job.

In April of 2007, I traveled to Cleveland, Ohio, to attend a friend's wedding. Later that weekend, visited the Rock's Hall Museum in downtown Cleveland with a small group of the wedding attendees. It's a museum established to honor and preserve the history of rock and roll music. Great exhibits and if you are into rock and roll like I do, you'll have loads of fun. The museum was awesome.

The thing that stuck out for me happened after I returned the car rental at the airport that afternoon and learned that all the flights to Philly, Washington DC and New York were cancelled.

As you know I don't watch TV, so I wasn't aware of a nor'easter storm that was affecting the eastern part of the United States. I got stranded at the airport in Cleveland the whole Sunday night after all the flights on the east coast were cancelled. I had to contact my supervisor to let her know I wasn't going to make it to the health center the next day.

I spent the next day in the air, after my flight was rerouted from Cleveland to St Louis, then back to Philadelphia. The whole ordeal was a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment