Saturday, October 19, 2024

Dance With Me

Music and dance was a big part of my everyday life when I was growing up. Both my parents loved listening to music and dancing. After they passed, my sister kept their old vinyl lp's.

Dancing is not only a great way to socialize, it is also a great way to stay in shape and an antidote to combat stress. Several years ago, I was too eager to become a better dancer, that I signed up for dance lessons. The problem was that I was too shy to dance in a studio in front of a group of strangers. To overcome my shyness and anxiety, before going to class I would drink a few beers. With the right amount of alcohol, I danced all night long.

I have great memories from the days I was living in New York, and going clubbing to Copacabana, The Palladium, Les Poulets Nightclub, and Club Broadway four nights a week. My former boss always inquired what was the point of going clubbing so much. Is like riding a motorcycle, I told him once. If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment