Thursday, October 13, 2022

Throwback Thursday


This is the same model bike I owned when I was 19 years old. My first street bike, my first love, a 1972 Kawasaki 750 triple.

In 1979 I sold my bike for $650 dollars. Selling my old bike is one of my life biggest regrets. Same motorcycle in good running condition now sell for around $15,000 or $20,000 dollars. In hindsight, I wish I've never sold mine. So now everytime I go to a vintage motorcycle show, and I see one of these bikes, I take a photo with it and wish it was mine. 

The first two images were taken in 2014; the third image was taken last year at another vintage motorcycle show. 


3 comments:

  1. Same here I wish I had my 68 tiger, matching #'s, original tank color. Bought in 75. Payo sent me pictures of my bike still running in P.R. the new owner paid 6k and I bought it for $500 in Cabo Rojo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing. I asked Payo, where are all the old bikes we owned back in the 70's and 80's. We don't see them anywhere.

      Delete
  2. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2QWVipuVwegaXx3p9

    ReplyDelete