Wednesday, October 19, 2022

They're Real And They're Spectacular


This week marks seven years since I bought my first Nikon DSLR. It's been seven years of learning by experimentation. To be honest, t’s been more complicated than I previously thought. I am still learning.

The following year, I attended an introduction to DSLR photography class. It was an excellent workshop. On my way home after the class, I remember thinking, "from this point forward, my pictures should look a lot better".

A few months later, I wondered if I could take pictures from top of the Brooklyn Bridge boardwalk very early in the morning. I finally did. Imagine my surprise to see groups of runners and bicycle clubs riding up and down the bridge, at five o'clock in the morning. It was difficult to hold the camera and tripod steady in the pedestrian walkway, (which is a boardwalk like no other). The boardwalk vibration caused by the runners/cyclists ruined most of the pictures. Only two or three images were worth using.

If you've never been to the Brooklyn Bridge boardwalk, it is one of the best sights and landmarks in New York. Walking across the bridge you can experience spectacular views of the Brooklyn Bridge, the Lower Manhattan and the East River. It is safe to say, the NYC skyline views are real, and they're spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment