Monday, July 31, 2023

Social Media Apps Could Be So Much Fun


Life could be so simple if Instagram and many other social media apps would clamp down on bots. Fake accounts promoting services and self promoting spam are ruining the experience. After posting three images the other morning, I spent 20 minutes deleting comments about self promoters from different countries who are not interested in Instagram.

I wish a more strict moderating method was implemented, but just like most sites on the internet, the site administrators are not interested in removing the riff-raff. They care more about clicks and numbers than keeping the site from the usual trolls. Social media apps could be so much fun. Now, not so much. 

2 comments:

  1. 100% brother. I'm with you there. I have facebook purity to weed out a lot of the ads on my PC. I notice the difference when using my phone rather than PC every second post is a sponsor or ad. Purity cuts a lot of that crap and you get to see what it really should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. My Facebook is also restricted. I also avoid clicking on most ads, and I refuse to open any outside link.

      Delete