Saturday, December 5, 2020

Self Portrait Scenic Landscapes

What do you do when you can't travel due to a pandemic? 

I had planned several trips this year. Unfortunately, Covid-19 ruined my travel plans. I was disappointed by having to rearrange my plans, and getting stranded locally and unable to travel to several destinations with beautiful scenic landscapes.

I'm sure all of us have heard the phrase "when life give you lemons ...." So I've decided to travel closer to home, and try to add the human element into landscapes by placing myself (a self-portrait) into the scenes. 

On this post, I've included some of the images taken at various locations.  I didn't need to worry about having people around or social distancing, most locations were deserted. Maybe I could travel next year before I retire, after the pandemic becomes a thing of the past! 

Enjoy! 





4 comments:

  1. These are great ... almost eerie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is strange to visit a location usually packed with tourists and find it empty due to Covid-19.

      Delete
  2. Cool! I've also had the strange experience of being alone in normally-crowded places (like midtown Manhattan). Odd time we're living through. I applaud your photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just hope that by next year things improve. Not sure how are businesses going to survive this pandemic.

      Delete