Sunday, April 7, 2019

Behind The Shot : Philadelphia Skyline After Dark


Photography can be a pretty lonely hobby, sometimes is hard to find someone to share your passion. Looking around for a group online I found two local meetup photography groups that I liked; so far have been able to attend several of their night photography events.

One Friday night, they hosted an event called "Philly Skyline as the Sun Goes Down" at the South Street Bridge in Philadelphia. At first I thought about riding my motorcycle to the event, but decided against it because it is much easier to transport my camera gear by train.

Even though I have been at this location a couple of times before, I arrived half hour earlier than the scheduled meetup time to try different angles and compositions beforehand. It all worked out perfectly, by the time the group arrived I had a picture in my mind of the kind of image I was aiming for.

If you visit Philadelphia, I recommend visiting the South Street Bridge. It offers one of the best skyline vantage points of the City of Brotherly Love, for free.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous photo. Good work. I go to Philly often because my wife grew up in Cherry Hill, NJ and still has family there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The South Street bridge offers one of the most iconic skyline views of the city.

      Delete
    2. You demonstrate that beautifully. I've never been on that bridge.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Next time you are in Philly, stop by the bridge, you are going to like the views.

      Delete