Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Two Wheel Tuesday


Gathering of the Nortons, my favorite annual vintage motorcycle event will be held this Sunday. It is the biggest antique and classic motorcycle show on the East Coast in the United States.

Ten years ago after the event ended and I was getting ready to ride home, the owner of a vintage BMW motorcycle parked next to mine asked me if I was riding the Kawasaki Ninja ZX14. By todays standards, the Ninja ZX14 is a very fast motorcycle which is electronically restricted to a top speed of 186 mph.

I replied in the affirmative, and said yes. The gentleman responded, "you got big cojones to ride that thing, that Ninja is a real beast on the highway amigo". I burst out laughing to what he said, and responded "yes, the Ninja ZX14 is very fast, but the posted speed limit on the highway is 65 mph".

His comment made my day. It's been ten years, and to this day his innocent observation brings a smile on my face every time I remember what he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment