Monday, July 13, 2020

Sitting On The Iron (Torture) Chair


Tomorrow after work, I'll be seeing my dentist for a regular check-up for the first time this year. I am glad I made it through without any problems or any emergency dental care during COVID-19.

He is the best dentist in my area, bar none. The first time I went to his office, needed him to help me with a tooth [ repairing a cavity in a front tooth ] my previous dentist had severely damaged. If you are anything like me, you'll feel varying degrees of anxiety when you find yourself sitting in the torture chair. Especially if you have been traumatized by a rough, uncaring dentist as a child.

Considering the dental horror stories you've probably heard about root canals, I was sweating bullets when I sat in the torture chair. He performed a root canal and saved the tooth during my lunch hour.

During my regular teeth cleaning appointment last year, I told him jokingly, he is going to have to relocate to the south with me when I retire. It is very hard to find a good dentist these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment