Saturday, November 12, 2022

The Best Money I Ever Spent

In 2015, a few weeks after I purchased my first DSLR, a used Nikon camera, I quickly realized that to be able to take better pictures, I needed to take a photography class.

To be honest, the camera had so many menus, knobs, dials and buttons, that I felt kind of overwhelmed and had no idea what I was doing with the digital camera despite having purchased lots of gear. 

A friend suggested to register with an "Introduction to DSLR Photography Class", which I did. The other students and myself, four in total, met with the instructor at the Constitution Center in Philly. In less than two hours I was able to learn to use my camera controls/settings.

I noticed right away how much I improved taking pics by activating the Live View mode. Live View allows me to see what my DSLR camera sees in real time by displaying it on the back of the LCD screen.

When it comes to photography, this was the best $30 dollars I ever spent.

The top picture of our group, was taken using the camera timer and a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment