Thursday, November 17, 2022

Glutton For Punishment


In 2009, I learned about a little problem I have with water retention. It took me a couple of years to manage but so far it is not a big deal, is also under control.

Therefore, I have to watch the sodium intake of everything I eat, and take my water pill religiously. It hasn't been easy, I don't cook and almost always I eat outside. German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche said, "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger".

Last week I was in Delaware helping a friend to check out a motorcycle he was planning to purchase. Afterwards we stopped at Boston Market, one of my favorite rotisserie chicken meals. Their sodium levels are off the charts, but since I haven't had Boston Market for several years, I figure why not. 

Saturday, I went to the local motorcycle dealership to purchase a few items to start getting my bike ready for winter storage. Next door to the dealership there is a KFC restaurant, another one of my favs that I had to stop eating due to their high sodium content. I noticed that now KFC even added a red high-sodium warning label to their menu. 

I was hungry so I ordered a box meal. As you can imagine, now I am paying for it. Swollen ankles and feet are the order of the day after eating junk food twice in the same week. Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche is correct, what doesn't kill me will make me "bloated and swollen." 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment