Wednesday, March 1, 2023

How Do You Preserve Your Photographic Memories?

What would happen to your pictures and gear after you are gone? Do you even care? 

This week I helped restore a picture of a friend's mother, him and two of his siblings sitting next to their now deceased mother. The pic was taken when he was about 2-years-old; my friend just retired last month.

To preserve my memories, I created an album online on Flickr of all my family black and white old pictures, and printed them to keep them for posterity. I also saved them on a flash drive.

Unfortunately, we live in a throw away society, and I'm afraid that's exactly what will happen to any of my images that aren't printed, and properly stored. Even then, it's a guessing game as to what will happen to my pictures.

The younger generation doesn't seem to care much about preserving these memories, so I doubt my family will do anything with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment