Sunday, March 5, 2023

A Walking Skeleton

The other day I was having a conversation with a friend about some pictures that were taken in 2012, when I attended several motorcycle and work related events.

I purchased my current motorcycle, a Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 in 2012. I told my friend that I don't like to look at pictures from that year because at that time I had lost so much weight, that I literally look like a walking skeleton. 

To  make a long story short, around 11 years ago, unintentionally I lost a lot of weigh due to some esophagus health issues I was having. The problem was so bad I had two endoscopies done in the same month. 

I looked terrible, especially around my face area, sunken cheeks and gaunt face. Apparently it was all related to my acid reflux problems, and once the gastroenterologist learned it wasn't anything more serious all I had to do was to get into treatment. 

The top picture is at the office in the health center. It was taken in 2013, when  I was six months into the treatment and had begun to gain my weight back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment