Tuesday, February 14, 2023

My Golden Anniversary

It dawned on me recently, that I have been riding motorcycles since 1973. Therefore, this coming April I would be celebrating my 50th year anniversary as a motorhead.

One interesting aspect of this is that not many of my social work/healthcare colleagues have an awareness of my motorcycling past. And even though I first began working in the HIV/AIDS field in 1995, my hooligan motorcycle childhood friends in Puerto Rico believe that I am still working as a technician/service manager in a motorcycle dealership somewhere in the United States. 

I must give credit where credit is due : my love for motorcycles saved me from falling in with the wrong crowd and on the wrong life path. And my pursue of a higher education in the motorcycle industry, allowed me to build a career in the field. And for that I am grateful. 

At my age, 66 years old and counting, with good genetics and a healthy lifestyle, I hope to continue riding motorcycles for the next 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment