Tuesday, August 25, 2020

New York City : Skyline At Night


Two years ago, as I've done many times before, I rode my motorcycle to Jersey City and the Exchange Place Boardwalk in New Jersey to try to capture a light-painted image of my motorcycle using the amazing New York City skyline in the background.

Jersey City, Hoboken, and the Exchange Place are some of my favorite locations to photograph the Manhattan skyline, especially at night. After finding the perfect spot, I waited one hour before sunset to shoot several pictures of the intense blue color of the Manhattan Skyline. Afterwards, I left the camera setup in the same location in the boardwalk, and waited hours for the sun to go down below the horizon.

There are lots of restaurants near the boardwalk. I decided to kill some time and had dinner on the boardwalk, before the Manhattan skyline lighting was optimal for the type of shot I was looking for. I had my favorite flounder, shrimp and fries platter. The food was delicious.

Finally, it got dark enough to allow me to use a shutter speed of up to thirty seconds for light-painting my bike, and to capture the skyline night silhouette background. I took lots of pictures, hoping to catch at least a few good images.

As the title of one of the songs of my favorite band Linkin Park says, "In The End", I was very happy with the final result.

Discuss.



No comments:

Post a Comment