Monday, September 9, 2019

Speed Racer


First of all, I want to include a disclaimer. I stopped watching TV in 2006, and truth be told, my life didn't end from not watching TV. One day I decided I had enough dealing with Comcast and Verizon cable lousy service in my area, I took a break from TV and I guess that break never really ended. I don't even miss it a little bit. But I digress.

I didn't realize how out of touch with television, Anime/Manga animation and automobile racing I am until I posted the above image on Facebook and a relative mention Speed Racer. To be honest, I had no idea what he was talking about so I did a google search.

The name Speed Racer fits perfectly because the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 is one of the fastest production motorcycles in the world, the epitome of speed in a nutshell.

I was returning from having dinner with friends when I remember seeing this graffiti wall mural next to an auto detailing shop in Philadelphia. I've seen it before during a commute on public transportation.

It was a grey day with an overcast sky, weather was typical of this time of the year. If I had waited another hour, and I had with me the Neewer CN-160 Led Video Light with a diffuser mini softbox, it could've been a great opportunity for another motorcycle light painted image. Unfortunately, I was only carrying my Nikon D7000 with a 28-80mm lens. It is a deserted neighborhood, rarely any traffic goes by, so I hurried and took several photographs.

Now I have another reason to return to this location to try to capture a motorcycle light painted image.

No comments:

Post a Comment