Thursday, October 12, 2023

Throwback Thursday - Childrens Camp


These are some images taken during my time doing volunteer work (15 years) at summer camp.

I have hundreds of summer camp images, these are some of my favorites. This five day camp gives kids ages 5-14, a chance to participate in structured sports and games, arts and crafts, group projects and field trips.

I don't think most people realize how important is for these children to be part of camp, especially for kids who are economically disadvantaged. They learn life skills in a safe and fun environment, that helps them develop important social, emotional and cognitive skills. 

The most rewarding part of camp for me, was seeing some of these kids now as responsible adults, building a future, while raising their own families. As a bonus, it was great to see some of them to come back to camp as grown-ups, as volunteer counselors and give back to the community.



No comments:

Post a Comment