Monday, June 20, 2022

Kayaking And Landscape Photography


For the fist time ever, went kayaking with the love of my life in the Lehigh River. To say I had a great time is an understatement.

One thing I was not expecting, was to learn that this new hobby has inspired me and opened another door on my photography journey. Never in my wildest dreams I would've ever thought about combining kayaking with taking landscape photos. 

I need to be extra careful carrying my camera gear, and shooting while kayaking. The last thing I need is dropping my camera gear deep in the water. 

This is my favorite picture from my first ever kayaking adventure in the Lehigh River in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The kayak selfie was taken with a cheap point-and-shoot Sony Cyber-shot DSC-530 digital camera. 

I really like the background scene on this image. Even though I wasn't happy with the original plain dull grey sky, I used a replacement composite sky using Adobe Photoshop Elements. Once I get more comfortable with the kayak basics, and gain more experience doing this kayaking thingy, I am going to try incorporate photographing landscapes into this new hobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment