Thursday, May 18, 2023

Foto Fridays - Freezing My Butt Off

This is one of the first pictures I took back in 2015 when I purchased my Nikon DSLR. Geno’s Steaks in Philadelphia have the reputation of having the best steaks in the city, for that reason the restaurant is always crowded. Some people have called the place a tourist trap, and I tend to agree. This was my first and only time to this place, and I only went to take this picture.

To avoid the crowds, I visited the restaurant on a December cold chilly night. Temperature at 3:00am was around 10 degrees Fahrenheit. I walked to the restaurant from the subway station; the street was deserted and quiet. Traffic was essentially nonexistent. Despite the cold weather, I noticed one customer sitting on a bench outside the restaurant eating his steak.

I took my time to setup the composition, and took about a dozen pictures from different angles. This image was the best of the bunch. I froze my butt off taking this picture that morning, but I was really happy with the final result. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Having been there I wondered where the crowd was. You sacrificed for this shot and I respect that. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was well worth it! I love this image!

      Delete