Riding the American West to Monument Valley and Page Arizona on a motorcycle photography road trip, was on top of my bucket list for several years. These thoughts began brewing in my mind after graduating from Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI) in 1986, as I was riding my Kawasaki KZ900 from Phoenix, AZ to Brooklyn, NY.
At the beginning of 2020, before the COVID pandemic shutdown and stay-at-home orders, I had already begun to plan the motorcycle trip to Monument Valley. Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park closed for approximately 17 months during the COVID pandemic. For almost an entire year I religiously monitored the park website looking for a park opening update. After a year, I gave up on that dream. If I wasn't such a chronic travel procrastinator, I could've probably waited a little longer and continue planning the trip.
It is amazing how thanks to Artificial Intelligence, I can make me feel like I was there, in the middle of a place I've never visited before.

No comments:
Post a Comment